distutils on Win32 using .NET Framework SDK

Jerry He rebound1618 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 22:25:32 EDT 2005

Hi,
  I was trying to build a C++ extension on Win32 with
distutils. The extension worked on Cygwin but when I
tried it with the Win32-build python, it complained
that I don't have .NET Framework SDK installed. But
after I installed .NET Framework SDK 2.0, it still
complains
"error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed
before building extensions for Python." (I also did
try restarting my computer)

Does anyone know how to make the .NET Framework SDK
visible to Python?

thanks in advance,

-Jerry