new python debugger

Franz Steinhaeusler franz.steinhaeusler at gmx.at
Thu Aug 11 07:09:08 EDT 2005

On 10 Aug 2005 23:10:57 -0700, nir1408 at gmail.com wrote:

Hello Nir,

>Thanks for the compliments.
>
>I really believe Winpdb is not just another Python debugger, and that
>it will be a real step forward in the quality of Python debuggers once
>it matures.

Yes, looks very promising ;)

>Also, don't worry about the .com url, it is a GPL debugger.
>
>Winpdb is still a BETA despite the version number which is 1.0.1
>so I will appreciate feedback on bugs, unexpected behavior, or
>suggestions.
>[...]

Ok :)

* Remember last opened files (in launch)

* configurable shortcuts (I'm used to VC++ F10 step, F11 step into,
Shift-F11 Step out).

* As Neil suggested, Call Tips would be great (hovering over a
variable).

* A nice icon ;)

* Ability to save Positions (Sash positions, if you drag the windows).

* Possibility to close some windows (in  my case, I would (most times)
		close "Console" and "Threads" or even better assign Shortcuts
    (example F4 => Toggle Threads window would be cool).

* In VC++, there is also the possibility to Change a Variable with
  	Shift-F9 (Quick Watch) and to change the program pointer with
		Ctrl-Shift 10.

* bug: Open File (with browse it works); If I paste the filepath+name
   into the text field, it says "Error - File not found".
  I think: browse => "filename": the braces are important

What do the letters in the margin mean?
I saw: "L", "R" and "C".

Cheers,
--