How to build Python modules on windows?

Qiangning Hong hongqn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:43:06 EDT 2005

". <"@bag.python.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I build python modules on windows? I tried to build numarray[0]
> using Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 Toolkit, but got the following error:
>
> ---
> error: Python was built with version 7.1 of Visual Studio, and
> extensions need to be built with the same version of the compiler, but
> it isn't installed.
> ---

Are you sure you have setup the environment variables before you build?

Here is a reference: "Building Python Extensions with the MS Toolkit
Compiler" (http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/)

[snip]

--
Qiangning Hong

I'm usually annoyed by IDEs because, for instance, they don't use VIM
as an editor. Since I'm hooked to that, all IDEs I've used so far have
failed to impress me.
    -- Sybren Stuvel @ c.l.python

Get Firefox!
<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=67907&t=1>