Art of Unit Testing

phil hunt zen19725 at zen.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 08:43:07 EDT 2005

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:13:08 +0200, rafi <rafi at free.fr> wrote:

>> According to the "extreme programming" paradigm, testing should be done
>> several times a day. So a requirement for extreme programm is that tests
>> are fast enough. If the testing needs too much time, people are
>> discouraged to test often.
>
>Well as I said above, a unit test is dedicated to a single function or
>method. So wehn you update a function / method, you should test the
>whole class or module, but maybe not the whole application

Often this is true. However sometimes the application is complex
with all sorts of dependencies between different parts of it (I
know, these should be kept to a minimum), and changes in one thing
can break stuff in another module. When that happens, you want to
know about it sooner rather than later.

--
Email: zen19725 at zen dot co dot uk