what's the exactly newsgroup url of python-list?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Aug 11 15:45:40 EDT 2005

"Grant Edwards" <grante at visi.com> wrote in message
news:11fmnpj6571j1ae at corp.supernews.com...
> On 2005-08-11, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
>> for an excellent way to read the python mailing list via a news-
>> reader even if you don't have access to a "real" NNTP server,
>> see http://gmane.org/
>
> Using an NNTP gateway to a mailing list that's gatewayed to a
> Usenet group.  That's about like running Cygwin under Windows
> under Linux:  there are valid reasons to do it, but it always
> feels surreal.

Yes, but it works.  I use gmane for c.l.p mostly because I also use it for
other Python lists that are *not* gatewayed to a Usenet group, I far prefer
the newsgroup interface, and I like having all Python groups together in
one block in the side-bar.  At one time, my newserver access was also less
dependable than Gmane and switching back and forth was a nuisance.

Terry J. Reedy