Put a url in a browsers address bar

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Aug 18 13:01:37 EDT 2005

Colin Gillespie wrote:
>>>I would like to place a url in my browsers address bar, then execute.
>>>How can do this?
>>>

>>def goToGoogle():
>>    import webbrowser
>>    webbrowser.open("www.google.com");
>>

> Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know what module I would use to fill
> out a form on an open web page?
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin
Oops. ClientForm expects you to be interacting directly with the server,
not driving an open browser window. To do the same thing through the
browser would involve using COM, I suspect. If so be careful, as what
you implement may end up being browser-specific.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/