Wheel-reinvention with Python

Marek Kubica pythonmailing at web.de
Mon Aug 1 08:40:30 EDT 2005

On 31 Jul 2005 16:38:45 -0700 Paul Rubin wrote:

> I can put up a Tk gui in about 5 lines of code from a stock Python
> distro without having to install anything additional.  How do I do
> that with wxPython?

It is very easy under Debian Sarge to do it.
Well after installing python-tk which needs python2.3-tk which needs blt,
tcl8.4, tk8.4 and likes to have tix8.1.

So, for a Tkinter programm you just need to install at least five packages
for a GUI toolkit which may be great for you if you like to study the
history of computing. :D

Not that wxPython, PyGTK, PyQt have no dependencies ;) Bug you still can't
forget the dependency on Tcl/Tk.

greets,
Marek