Problem with new python (2.4.1) installation

john.coppens at gmail.com john.coppens at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:51:05 EDT 2005

Hello people.

After installing python 2.4.1 (previous version 2.3.4), and installing
pygtk 2.6.2, I get the following error message (almost with any program
I try to run):

ImportError: could not import atk

Trying to start PythonCAD, I also get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/gtkpycad.py", line 52, in ?
    from PythonCAD.Interface.Gtk import gtkinit
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PythonCAD/Interface/Gtk/gtkinit.py",
line 48, in ?
    from PythonCAD.Interface.Gtk import gtkimage
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PythonCAD/Interface/Gtk/gtkimage.py",
line 36, in ?
    from PythonCAD.Interface.Gtk import gtklayers
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PythonCAD/Interface/Gtk/gtklayers.py",
line 274, in ?
    class LayerTreeModel(gtk.GenericTreeModel):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'GenericTreeModel'

I suspect there is a problem with paths somewhere. Can someone help me
out here?

John