network programming

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Aug 21 18:46:50 EDT 2005

John Walton wrote:
> Hello, everyone.  I just began school, and they
> already assigned us science fair.  Since I'm in 8th
> grade, I get to do demonstrations for our projects.
> I'm probably going to demonstrate Python's networking
> capabilities by writing a simple instant messenger
> program.  I only have a few problems:
>
> 1. I know squat about Python network Programming
>
> 2. I know nothing about networks
>
>   So if any of you know of a good Python Networking
> Tutorial or a website with lots of information on
> networks and networking, please reply.  Thanks!

> http://mail.yahoo.com

You might want to take a look at the materials from a Network
Programming tutorial I wrote for LinuxWorld a couple of years ago.

http://www.holdenweb.com/linuxworld/NetProg.pdf (student notes)
http://www.holdenweb.com/linuxworld/NetProg.ppt (slides)
http://www.holdenweb.com/linuxworld/ex.tar (code samples)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/