Email client in Pyhton

Nemesis nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Wed Aug 24 15:26:08 EDT 2005

Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "knaren at midascomm.com"
scriveva:

> now i am planning to write a bear minimum email client in
> pyhton. i found the smtp module of python could serve my
> pupose. I can send message using mails using the smtp lib.
> Now i'm looking for some modules which can help me in
> fetching the mails from the mailserver and managing folders.
>
> I also look for some existing mail client, written in python
> which wud serve my cause.

Start reading related RFCs like RFC2822, RFC2045/6/7, RFC2231, RFC821
... and then read Python documentation and you'll find that most of
these RFC are supported/implemented by python modules like

- email
- smtlib
- rfc822

As far I know the most complete mail client written in Python is Pyne,
wich is a news/mail client written with PyGTK.

I'm writing a newsreader (XPN), wich can send mail replies, maybe you
can read its code.
--
Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself.

 |\ |       |HomePage   : http://nem01.altervista.org