ANN: Kamaelia 0.2.0 released!

Matt Hammond matt.hammond at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 07:02:08 EDT 2005

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 10:49:32 +0100, Wolfgang Keller
<wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de> wrote:

>> The project aims to make it simple to build networked multimedia
>> systems (eg audio, video, interactive systems),
>
> Why limit the scope of application artificially?
>
> Axon/Kamaelia imho is perfectly applicable to any kind of application
> that does some kind of data processing.

You're absolutely right - Axon/Kamaelia hopefully will not just be limited
to those areas. It just so happens that those kinds of systems are the
underlying reasons why we started building Axon/Kamaelia. That's therefore
where we're concentrating our resources at the moment.

> Think workflow applications, business applications, application
> integration...
>
> J. Paul Morrison has used the concept he named "Flow-Based-Programming"
> for financial applications since the 60's, any control systems engineer
> knows function-block-diagrams etc. and so on...

We have ... alot! I really do hope that this system is used for more. I'd
be very interested to know if anyone has had a go at building any
components - for whatever purpose. The potential for component re-use
might mean less work for us! :-)

regards

Matt Hammond