Jargons of Info Tech industry

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Fri Aug 26 09:24:57 EDT 2005

Dragan Cvetkovic <me at privacy.net> wrote:

> John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> writes:
>
>>> A forum provides a
>>> single, usually rather limited, interface for the user with no way
>>> for the user to change it radically.
>>
>> Does the user want this? And with a user stylesheet you can change it
>> quite radically :-)
>>
>> And in return the user gets: colors, fonts, font sizes, embedding of
>> images, flash, you name it. Moving avatars, even sounds.
>
> Sounds scary. When I want to read a text, I don't need the whole
> multimedia experience.

so use Lynx :-)

One forum I visit is about scorpions. And really, it talks a bit easier
about scorpions if you have an image to look at :-D.

In short: Usenet = Usenet, and www = www. Why some people want to move
people from www to Usenet or vice versa is beyond me. If 80% of the current
Usenet users stop posting, Usenet is not going to die :-D

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/