SpamBayes wins PCW Editors Choice Award for anti-spam software.

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Aug 30 13:41:54 EDT 2005

Alan Kennedy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> If there any contributors of SpamBayes reading, Congratulations!

To which I add mine, even though I normally try to avoid "me too" posts.
  The software is a great achievement, and deserves popular success.

> [...]
> The only problem was they listed the "manufacturer" of the software as
> SourceForge, so the product was known as "SourceForge SpamBayes". You
> guys need to come up a team/manufacturer name. (But there is a
> screenshot of the software in the review, and the "Python Powered" logo
> is right there for all to see).

While it may not adequately credit the implementation language, a Google
search for "sourceforge spambayes" results in the first hit being linked
as """SpamBayes: Bayesian anti-spam classifier written in Python.""".

The web page to which this link points unfortunately doesn't reapeat the
Python reference in the page body. But they only miss the Python
reference if they feel lucky and don't look at the browser title bar!

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/