Embedding Python in other programs

Gregory Piñero gregpinero at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 12:37:52 EDT 2005

Hey guys,

This question inpsired me to try this in VB6. I did a search and copied what
I saw at
http://forums.devshed.com/t158692/s.html

However I'm running into the same problem they are. When I try to run:
res = Python.PyRun_SimpleString("5+7")

I get the error message:
Bad DLL calling convention (Error 49)

Which VB help describes as:

Arguments <javascript:alink_3.Click()> passed to a dynamic-link
library<javascript:alink_4.Click()>(DLL) must exactly match those
expected by the routine. Calling conventions
deal with number, type, and order of arguments. This error has the following
causes and solutions:

   - Your program is calling a routine in a DLL that's being passed the
   wrong type of arguments.

   Make sure all argument types agree with those specified in the
   declaration of the routine you are calling.
   - Your program is calling a routine in a DLL that's being passed the
   wrong number of arguments.

   Make sure you are passing the same number of arguments indicated in
   the declaration of the routine you are calling.
   - Your program is calling a routine in a DLL, but isn't using the
   StdCall calling convention.

   If the DLL routine expects arguments by value<javascript:alink_5.Click()>,
   then make sure *ByVal* is specified for those arguments in the
   declaration for the routine.
   - Your *Declare* statement for a Windows DLL includes *CDecl*.

Any ideas?

-Greg