Jargons of Info Tech industry

Denis Kasak denis.kasak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 23:52:15 EDT 2005

Mike Schilling wrote:

> I see a difference between "X would be useful for A, B, and C" and "Y will
> always be the only proper way."
>
> Don't you?

Y would not be useful because of the bandwidth it consumes, the malware
it would introduce, the additional time spent focusing on the format
rather than quality of the content and, frankly, because it's useless.
As Rich already said, if one wants to look at neatly formatted content,
one can always visit the web. Usenet is meant to be an
information-sharing facility, and I cannot see *any* reason why it
should be exposed to all the disadvantages stated in numerous places in
thread to gain a pale "advantage" such as flashy content. We already
have a World Wide Web, no need to make Usenet it's clone.

-- Denis