GUI tookit for science and education

James Sungjin Kim kimsj at mobile.snu.ac.kr
Wed Aug 17 21:44:10 EDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> ... Once you move outside of that box and start doing real
> programming, Python (with Numeric, ipython, matplotlib, scipy, et al.)
> beats MATLAB handily.

As one who is really newbie on Python, In MATLAB we can represent the
codes for the matrix manipulation as really like mathematical forms, e.g.,

MATLAB> H = U*D*V'

It definitely makes the science programmer easier and faster to write
their codes. Moreover, from some recent versions JIT has been included
in MATLAB, which speeds up near to C/C++ programs.

-James