graphical or flow charting design aid for python class development?

William Gill noreply at gcgroup.net
Wed Aug 31 11:40:52 EDT 2005

Being somewhat new to Python, and having a tendency to over complicate
things in my class design, I was wondering if anyone can suggest a
simple graphical or flowcharting tool that they use to organize their
class and program  design?  Because of a 55 mph head-on accident a few
years back, I have short term memory problems, so flipping back and
forth between pages of code is next to impossible for me to keep
straight.  A simple graphical model  would allow me to 'see' everything
in one view, and better organize my resulting code. I have had limited
success using pydoc to view my classes, but it's not really much help in
development, just review, and sometimes there is too much info.

I have used editors for other languages that allow the view to expand
and collapse functions/methods (like message threads here on the board),
which help, but I haven't seen anything like this for python.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bill