Sandboxes

42 nospam at nospam.com
Mon Aug 22 23:45:50 EDT 2005

In article <MewOe.289$hn4.51508 at newshog.newsread.com>,
eurleif at ecritters.biz says...
> 42 wrote:
> > FWIW I've already given up on making python secure. I agree that odds
> > are extremely high that I've missed something. I'm just curious to see
> > what one of the holes I left is, preferably without wading through
> > hundreds of pages :)
>
> f = [x for x in [].__class__.__bases__[0].__subclasses__() if
> x.__name__=='file'][0]
> f('/path/to/important/file', 'w').close()

Thanks.

Still it clearly falls within the the scope of what I wanted to remove:
the built in reflection/metadata functions. I just didn't read enough of
the language spec to know there were more of them hidden here and there
than what were listed in keywords and built-in functions.

But they are a finite set. Evidently I'm not the one to do it, but
someone who knew python better, could probably enumerate the reflection
stuff more effectively than me.

I already gave up, but I don't think its a dead concept.