Syntax error after upgrading to Python 2.4

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Aug 10 05:16:35 EDT 2005

Reinhold Birkenfeld <reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
>> jepler at unpythonic.net writes:

>>> [a mere 8 versions]
>>>
>>> Oh, don't give such a short list!  Here's what I found on the python.org ftp site:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> And then there's CVS...
>>
>> Which doesn't build for the really early versions.  I think
>> python1.0.1.tar.gz is as old as it's easy to get.
>
> Can we assume that the 0.9.1 version Guido posted to alt.sources does build?

Dunno!

> Google Groups for "Python 0.9.1 group:alt.sources".

Oh good grief, "Python 0.9.1 part 01/21", I'm much to lazy to sort all
that out today... still, would be nice if someone did; in

    ftp:anonymous at python.org:/pub/python/src/README

we find:

    Older sources

    If you find an older Python release (e.g. 0.9.8), we're interested
    in getting a copy!  webmaster at python.org

Cheers,
mwh

--
  <teratorn> I must be missing something. It is not possible to be
             this stupid.