network programming

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 22 14:02:34 EDT 2005

John Walton wrote:
> Hello, everyone.  I just began school, and they
> already assigned us science fair.  Since I'm in 8th
> grade, I get to do demonstrations for our projects.
> I'm probably going to demonstrate Python's networking
> capabilities by writing a simple instant messenger
> program.  I only have a few problems:
>
> 1. I know squat about Python network Programming
>
> 2. I know nothing about networks
>
>   So if any of you know of a good Python Networking
> Tutorial or a website with lots of information on
> networks and networking, please reply.  Thanks!

Is it the purpose of your project to delve into the
gory details of network programming (or sockets)?
If not, it might be extremely helpful to just not
tire yourself with endless technical debugging sessions,
and instead opt for the use of a high-level communication
mechanism like XML-RPC or Pyro...

--Irmen