Decline and fall of scripting languages ?

Paul Rubin http
Mon Aug 8 01:41:25 EDT 2005

"Donn Cave" <donn at drizzle.com> writes:
> My vote would be Haskell first, then other functional languages.
> Learning FP with Objective CAML is like learning to swim in a
> wading pool -- you won't drown, but there's a good chance you
> won't really learn to swim either.  Has an interesting, very
> rigorous OOP model though.

I'm not sure what you mean by that about OCAML.  That its functional
model is not pure enough?  I'd like to look at Haskell as well, but I
have the impression that its implementation is not as serious as
OCaml's, i.e. no native-code compiler.