Creating a virtual file system

Bryan Olson fakeaddress at nowhere.org
Tue Aug 9 20:06:01 EDT 2005

Atila Olah wrote:
 > My question is: How do I implement a virtual partition that acts like a
 > real file-system and is compleatly transparent to other programs?
 > Should I make a virtual file allocation table for a FAT32 partition or
 > simulate an NTFS? Or even further: How do I create a junction (or a
 > hard link) to it in "My network places" or in "Entire Network"?

Hmmm... I seem to rememeber ... Ah, here...

On:

     http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/01/1810201

'Petard' and 'Foolhard' note that the Microsoft Windows IFS
(Installable File System) Developer's Kit costs like $900. Doing
it well would be a large and expensive project. Read their posts
for more discouragement.

 > Thanks forward for help.

Not exactly helpful was I?  Sorry.

--