Some question about setuptools module

limodou limodou at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 07:27:38 EDT 2005

I'm new to setuptools.

One question is:

Recently I want to use setuptools for a project. My command line is just like :

python setup.py sdist --formats=gztar

But I found some deleted files also included in the package. These
files are .pyc suffixed. I use subversion. I checked the setuptools'
code, and found that setuptools indeed follows the .svn/entries file,
but it only retrieves files, and check if the file is exist. But in my
entries file, just like:

<entry
   name="EasyElements.pyc"
   kind="file"
   deleted="true"
   revision="33"/>

You can see the "deleted" field is "true", so the file should not be
included in the package, even through the file is exist. So I think
maybe the .pyc, .pyo file should be omited.

The another question is:

I have below directory structure:

A/
     setup.py
     B/
          __init__.py
          b.py
          t.txt
          .svn/
                entries

So B is a package dir. But as I run setup.py, the t.txt is not include
in the package. I followed the source code and found it was because
that dir A hasn't in version control, i.e. there is not .svn directory
in dir A, so the setuptools could not traversal the subdirectory. I
don't know how to write my setup.py script.

I'm sorry may be this letter is not suit for this maillist.

--
I like python!
My Donews Blog: http://www.donews.net/limodou