Reg Python Byte code

praba kar prabapython at yahoo.co.in
Mon Aug 22 06:15:23 EDT 2005

Dear All,

      Python 2.3 creates byte code with *.pyc
extention.  But Python 2.4 creates bytes code with
*.pyo.  Is there any difference between *.pyc
and *.pyo?.

     Actually After python compiled a program
then that program will run from the *.pyc byte
code.  If I delete that byte code what will be
happen.?

     If I delete *.pyc byte code in the python
2.3 then It will create  again *.pyc byte code.
But If I delete *.pyo byte code in the python
2.4 then It will not create again *.pyo. Why
this difference.

     If I delete byte code of the python.
I want to know Whether it will affect the
performance of the programme or not.

     Kindly clear me all the doubts regarding
byte code of python.

with regards
Prabahar