Writing Multithreaded Client-Server in Python.

Paul Rubin http
Tue Aug 30 01:52:08 EDT 2005

"Sidd" <iamsidd at gmail.com> writes:
>    I tried finding and example of multithreaded client-serve program in
> python. Can any one please tell me how to write a multithreaded
> client-server programn in python such that
> 1.It can handle multiple connections
> 2.It uses actual threads and not select() or some other function

If you mean multiple threads on the server side, see the SocketServer
module and its ThreadingMixin class.  You may have to look at the
source code since up until recently the docs were incomplete.  There
is a big helpful comment at the top of SocketServer.py which recently
got merged into the library reference manual.