sending binary files to a 16 micro controller.

johnny.karlsson at gmail.com johnny.karlsson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:34:39 EDT 2005

Hi, I'm working on a project were a need to be able to upload firmware
to a microcontroller based Ethernet device. But because of the memory
constraints the controller can only handle packages of 300 bytes each
time. So therefore the firmware file must be sent in chunks and i need
a header in each file describing which part of the file it is I'm
sending. Could anyone give me some pointer on how a could accomplish
that in python? I'm talking about the client that uploads the software
to the device via TCP.

Best regards

Johnny Karlsson