using httplib for authentication

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 2 22:56:26 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I want to use python to download files from sites where authentication is
required. The page appears to send a form with the login and pass by post. I
would like to log in and keep this session open within python and
download a number of files automatically. Could anyone kindly point me in the
right direction? I have discovered httplib and read the documentation and
looked at the examples, but they don't seem helpful for this.

James

--
James Stroud
Box 951570