Uploading images via cgi?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 30 21:55:26 EDT 2005

Chris Dewin wrote:
> How do I go about writing a cgi script, that will enable the client to
> upload things to a directory on my website?
>
> I would also like to write a script that enables the client to delete
> items in that directory if they want. Given that it's unix server, how do
> I go about ensuring the files are written to that dir with the right
> permissions?

What did you learn when you tried a few of the more obvious searches
with Google (including the word "python" in the search)?  You must have
learned _something_ but still have questions, so please tell us what you
already know so we can skip over the easy stuff.

Knowing what you've already discovered will avoid having everyone here
repeat all the same answers (which you can easily find in the Google
Groups archives) to what is a fairly common sort of question.

-Peter