Secure email

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 4 06:24:05 EDT 2005

whisper at oz.net wrote:
> I need to write a .cgi that will take the content of an https GET or
> POST and send it securely as email to an Outlook client.
>
> I think that OpenSSL is somewhere in this, but I'm not even sure how to
> create the right certificate, how to use it to encrypt mail and how to
> install a certificate in Outlook (>= 2000).
>
> Code snippets and pointers to tutorials greatly appreciated. I've got a
> week to deploy this!

I think you want this more common approach for mail encryption:

server:
https CGI form --> mail wrapper --> PGP encryption/signing --> send

client:
recieve mail --> pgp decryption/verification --> read

All parts are trivial except for pgp but you could get more information
at http://www.openpgp.org/

--
mph