win32 - associate .pyw with a file extension...

knutsample at gmail.com knutsample at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 01:07:35 EDT 2005

Hello!

I'm trying to associate a file extension to my wxPython script so that
all I have to do is double click on the file and my python script will
load up with the path of that file.

For instance, I've associated all .py files to be opened up with
emacs.exe.  If I double click on a .py file, emacs.exe would open up
with that file in its buffer.

Is there a way to do this with a non-exe (wxPython script)?  Everytime
I try to associate a certain file extension (right clicking file->Open
with->Choose program) with my python script (.pyw) windows states that
I do not have a valid win32 program.  Is there a way to do this with a
python script?  Thank you for your time.