Python for Webscripting (like PHP)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Aug 18 12:52:39 EDT 2005

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Alessandro Bottoni wrote:
>
>>(Python has even been told to be used by Yahoo! and Google, among others,
>>but nobody was able to demonstrate this, so far)
>

> Nobody, except Google's founders?
>
> http://www-db.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html
>
> (Among many other references.)
>
> -Peter

Plus, may I remind the world, PyCon DC 2005 had a keynote by far-from
obscure Python supporter Greg Stein, an engineering manager at Google,
giving a talk entitled "Python at Google".

There's informal evidence that the Python secret is getting out. Sharpen
up your resumes, guys, you may not have to limit Python to home usage
soon :-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/