Gotchas in user-space matplotlib install?

Matt Feinstein nospam at here.com
Mon Aug 15 10:41:18 EDT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:02:57 -0500, John Hunter
<jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:

>    Matt> All in all, not actually excruciating-- and now I have a
>    Matt> working version of matplotlib!  Matt Feinstein
>
>Great!  While this is all fresh in your mind, would you be able to add
>a wiki entry at
>http://www.scipy.org/wikis/topical_software/MatplotlibCookbook
>
>Thanks,

I'm making notes on it now. The only thing that the installation
really stumbled over was some includes-- the Python installation left
me with a '/usr/people/mrf/python24/include' directory, which at the
matplotlib installation had 'python' and 'python2.4' subdirectories--
numarray put its includes into the 'python2.4' subdirectory, while
Numeric put its includes into the 'python' subdirectory. The
matplotlib installer found the numarray includes but not the Numeric
includes-- copying the Numeric includes into the 'python2.4'
subdirectory got the ball rolling again.

Matt Feinstein

--
There is no virtue in believing something that can be proved to be true.