file access dialog

Adriaan Renting renting at astron.nl
Fri Aug 26 04:36:59 EDT 2005

Well, I only know how to do it with Qt:
        Dialog = QFileDialog(self.filedir, 'Python files (*.py)', self, 'open file dialog')
        self.filename = str( Dialog.getOpenFileName())

I don't think PyQt is available for Qt4 on windows yet.
You might be ablt to use this:
http://www.quadgames.com/download/pythonqt/PyQtGPL10.exe

Tk or wxWindows, or the Windows API itself might also be possible, I have no experience with them. Using either Tk or wxWindows should give a portable application as well.

>>>Wouter van Ooijen www.voti.nl) <wouter at voti.nl> 08/26/05 9:52 am >>>
I have a tool in Python to which I want to add a small GUI. The tools
currently runs everywhere PySerial is supported. I need a file-access
dialog. What is the preffered way to to this? Is there a
platform-independent file-access dialog available, or should I use the
windows native version when running on windows (and how do I do that)?

Wouter van Ooijen

http://www.voti.nl
Webshop for PICs and other electronics
http://www.voti.nl/hvu