Documentation

George Flaherty George.Flaherty at marketmax.com
Wed Aug 10 12:13:24 EDT 2005

I prefer epydoc http://epydoc.sourceforge.net. Granted it is an add on and uses "LaTex'ish" flags in the comments, but the final doc is very clean.

-g

-----Original Message-----
From: python-list-bounces+george.flaherty=marketmax.com at python.org [mailto:python-list-bounces+george.flaherty=marketmax.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Jan Danielsson
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 11:18 AM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Documentation

Hello all,

   What is the proper way to document a class in Python? I have written a few python libraries that I would like to document.

I'm doing a lot of this:

class Foo(object):
   """
   This is a class which blah, blah, blah... It's features are blah,
   blah, blah...
   """

   def addStuff(self):
      """
      This method does blah, blah, blah...
      """

   I'm going to assume that Python has some "official" tool which can be used to automatically create documentation for a .py-file (like Java does), but what do I need to do to support it, and how does it work?

--
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson