Python built email message doesn't support OutLook Express

praba kar prabapython at yahoo.co.in
Mon Aug 29 06:49:48 EDT 2005

--- Sybren Stuvel
<sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination> wrote:

> praba kar enlightened us with:
> > This code will build plain email message properly.
>
> It's not a plain email message. It's an html email
> without a plain
> text part. Highly annoying to many people.
>
> > But after building the message.  If a email user
> download this mail
> > through out look express then this email message
> will display
> > without any alignment.
>
> Post the msg.as_string() output so we can see whay
> you're sending.
msg =  email.MIMEBase('text','html')
msg['Return-Path'] = user+'@'+domain
msg['Date'] = formatdate(localtime=1)
msg['Subject'] =  subject
msg['From'] = from_name
msg['To'] = to
msg['Cc'] = cc
msg.set_payload("Body of the email messagge")
fh = os.popen('/bin/sendmail  %s'% (eachid),'w')
fh.write(msg.as_string())
fh.close()
Here I am sending what I was built in the message
example to headers(address,cc address, subject) and
Body of the mail content (ie) msg.set_payload("Body of
the email messagge")

regards
Prabahar