Put a url in a browsers address bar

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Aug 18 12:36:52 EDT 2005

Colin Gillespie wrote:

>>> I would like to place a url in my browsers address bar, then execute.
>>> How can do this?
>>>

>> def goToGoogle():
>>     import webbrowser
>>     webbrowser.open("www.google.com");
>>

> Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know what module I would use to fill
> out a form on an open web page?

The answer involves Google again, but this time it is "Use Google Groups
to search the archives for previous answers to questions like yours",
which is good advice to follow most of the time when you have a question
that seems likely to have been asked before.

Try this search pattern for a start "python fill out form on web page".

(Note, Google Groups, not just Google.)

-Peter