suggestion for Python graphing package, please

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:31:43 EDT 2005

I need a graphing library that I can access from within a Tkinter
application running on Windows.

It needs to be able to draw some *simple* 2D plots, and then output them to
a file (e.g. .PNG, .JPG) for inclusion in a HTML-formatted e-mail to
interested parties.

Many of the packages that I've looked at a) either don't output to a file,
or b) are very old (3-5 years), or c) don't run on Windows.

I don't actually care if the library itself is written in Python or c++ or
something else.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
--
Stewart Midwinter
stewart at midwinter.ca
stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Skype:midtoad GoogleTalk:midtoad iChatAV:midtoad
MSN:midtoad Yahoo:midtoad AIM:midtoad1