Should I move to Amsterdam?

Tom Anderson twic at urchin.earth.li
Wed Aug 24 12:49:31 EDT 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Armin Steinhoff wrote:

>> http://www.slate.com/id/2124561/entry/2124562/ Nice little series by
>> Seth Stevenson for Americans daydreaming about emigration. Somewhere,
>> anywhere ... maybe Amsterdam?  I've never been to the Netherlands
>> myself, but it sounds very civilized.
>
> What a joke ... Amsterdam is 'civilized' since several hundreds of years
> :)

Indeed. Perhaps we should rename it Old New York to reinforce the point :).

But yes, the Netherlands is a highly civilised country - up there with
Denmark and Canada, and above the UK, France or Germany, IMNERHO. I'm not
going to bother comparing it to the US!

tom

--
This should be on ox.boring, shouldn't it?