Python & SQL Server DTS?

Peter A. Schott paschott at no.yahoo.spamm.com
Wed Aug 17 15:30:51 EDT 2005

Got a strange issue here.  I know that MS allows other scripting languages to
run in its ActiveX tasks in DTS.  I can change one of the tasks to run Python
code, create a Main function, and run it manually.  However, once I try to run
the entire package, the package hangs at this step.  It doesn't appear to even
start to execute.

I've added code in my function to raise a message box using the win32
extensions.  They work when I run the task manually, but none appear when I run
it as part of the package.

Anyone experienced this?  Anyone worked with Python & DTS before?  Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-Pete Schott