Using gnu readline in my own python program?

sboyle55 at yahoo.com sboyle55 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 19:16:36 EDT 2005

Hi...I'm a newbie to python, and very confused.  I'm writing a simple
program and want the user to be able to edit a line that I display
using the full gnu readline capabilitites.  (For example, control+a to
go to the beginning of the line.)

Then I want to be able to read the line after it's been edited...

I know that with perl I would do this with some variation on
term::readline.

I've looked at the readline and code packages under Python but I can't
make heads or tails of them.  The readline example in the docs is way
over my head.

Any ideas?

Thanks