distutils package_dir newbie

peter Peter.Vandersteegen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 04:29:45 EDT 2005

thx for answering is such short notice.

I recieve the following error when I use your setup:
error: package directory 'project_user' does not exist
(the complete error is added at the end of this document)

I'm using python 2.3.5 (build by activeState) based on python 2.3.5

Do you have an idea what could have happened here?

kind regards

Peter

ps.
complete error
running sdist
warning: sdist: missing required meta-data: url
warning: sdist: missing meta-data: either (author and author_email) or
(maintain
er and maintainer_email) must be supplied
warning: sdist: manifest template 'MANIFEST.in' does not exist (using
default fi
le list)
warning: sdist: standard file not found: should have one of README,
README.txt
error: package directory 'project_user' does not exist