API class creation

kman3048 mknoth at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 4 03:24:01 EDT 2005

Hello,

as a relative newcomer to Python API programming I've got a problem:

To extend Python:
- there is an API C call to create a module
- there is also a API C call to create a method
- there is an API C call to create a Class instance

Now, I need to create a Class and fill it with Methods and Variables.
There are means to create (and attache) methods and variables.
However, I have not found how to create a Class within a Module. Or do
I have to use a low level API function to allocate an Object from Heap?

One possible solution I think is not very elegant:
- define a module and class within Python scripting
- use this object by creating Instances of this object via API

Is there no better way (however, I don't know if above works anyway).

Thanks,
Matt