setlocale() in a module/extension library

Damien Elmes resolve at repose.REMOVE.cx
Wed Aug 24 15:40:41 EDT 2005

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> IOW: feel free to invoke setlocale in your library. It will likely
> work in many cases, but may break in some. So you should atleast
> document that this is what your library does.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up implementing it in the library, with
an option to disable it and a note in the documentation directing
people to call setlocale() manually if they run a threaded
application, or if they wish to set up their own locale.

Thanks again,

Damien