sending binary files to a 16 micro controller.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Aug 22 10:46:59 EDT 2005

On 2005-08-22, johnny.karlsson at gmail.com <johnny.karlsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> aaah, well i believe that in Windows XPSP2 has disabled raw socket
> support (yes i sadly have to use windows) so that's no option. But I'll
> try to put a time delay and check what happens. Or otherwise perhaps i
> could do a socket.close each time, but that's a terrible waste of
> packets.

I doubt the other end is expecting you to close the socket after
each packet.  Unless it was designed to tolerate that, it might
not work.  A time delay of a few hundred ms will probably work.
I once wrote a Linux driver that could be used to wait until
the TCP out queue was empty, but that won't do you much good on
Windows.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Is this ANYWHERE,
                                  at               USA?