DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xf3'

jau jaumedominguez at airtel.net
Tue Aug 23 13:42:55 EDT 2005

Hi co-listers!

I have been off Python for 2 years and now, that i'm used to Eclipse and
Java, I decided to start a project with Python to refresh skills this
time using Eclipse and TrueStudio. But now, two things can be occured
since the last time i used it.

the first one, something concerning to the encoding has changed and i
haven't noticed it.

the other one, when using Python from Eclipse i have to add any special
config lines at the begining of my Python files.

if i have this hello world python "program" (i have to call it by
someway, hahaha)

print "hello world"

i get this output

hello world
sys:1: DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xf3' in file
C:\Workspace\J&J\src\es\jau\main.py on line 2, but no encoding declared;
see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details

the article mentioned above didn't explain so much for me.

i doesn't look to be an error, but curiosity is bitting me... what's
really happening here? Do I need to do any special thing to avoid this?

Thanks everyone!

Salut i república