sniffer in python

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Aug 15 07:57:48 EDT 2005

billiejoex wrote:
> For python exist a porting called pcapy:
> http://oss.coresecurity.com/projects/pcapy.html
> ...that I'd like to use BUT... all the examples reported on the sites don't
> works!!

It usually helps to describe *in what way* things don't work.

Do they crash?  If so, provide the full traceback.

Do they not install?  If so, provide error messages.

Do they appear to run but without visible signs of activity?  If so, say
so... and describe exactly what options you were using, what platform
and version of platform, Python, and library you are using, and any
other conditions relevant to the situation.

Help us help you...

(Alternative suggestion: use whatever mailing list is provided for that
specific project, if there is one, so you get access to more people with
direct knowledge of what might go wrong.)

-Peter