Embedding a runtime graph in Qt3 designer generated UI

Adriaan Renting renting at astron.nl
Mon Aug 8 09:59:45 EDT 2005

I find Eric3 very easy to work with when using Qt+Python. It will
generate a Python wrapper for your Qt (Designer designed) form, that you
can the sub-class and use as if it was a Python object.
I'm hoping it will be available (together with PyQt, etc.) for Qt4 soon,
but as I'm not paying a dime for it, I can only hope...

Adriaan Renting        | Email: renting at astron.nl
ASTRON                 | Phone: +31 521 595 217
P.O. Box 2             | GSM:   +31 6 24 25 17 28
NL-7990 AA Dwingeloo   | FAX:   +31 521 597 332
The Netherlands        | Web: http://www.astron.nl/~renting/
>>> "Phil Thompson" <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> 08/08/05 9:21 AM >>>
> Hi
>
> Two questions :
>
> 1. Is it possible to use an import command in a qt3 designer code ? (I
> know
> that it is possible to write python inside the braces -- but is it
> possible
> to use an import command for some rather large libraries I wrote that
> need to access ?).

You can include import statements in Designer's comment dialog by
prefixing them with "Python: ". This is covered in the PyQt
documentation.

> 2. In the same vein, how does one embed a runtime plot in a qt3 UI ?
It
> will
> need to be a python solution since I am using python libraries to
acquire
> the data.

Have a look at PyQwt which is a set of Python bindings for the Qt-based
Qwt plotting library.

Phil