Supressing argument renaming in the Qt Designer -> pyuic workflow

Madhusudan Singh spammers-go-here at spam.invalid
Thu Aug 11 13:36:49 EDT 2005

Hi

Some of the functions I defined inside Qt Designer need to have some values
passed to them.

For instance :

Code :

void Form3::runningplot(n,plottitle,xname,x,y1name,y1,y2name,y2)

is translated by pyuic to

Python code :

def runningplot(self,a0,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7):

Now, while I understand that the first argument of the function has to be
"self", the change in the names of the parameters in the function
definition (and no corresponding change in the function body - which I
would not expect anyways) messes up everything.

Is there a way to tell pyuic to not translate plottitle -> a0, xname -> a1,
etc., but keep the names as they are ?

Thanks.