PEP: Specialization Syntax

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Aug 7 16:32:50 EDT 2005

Nicolas Fleury wrote:
> Hi everyone, I would to know what do you think of this PEP.  Any comment
> welcomed (even about English mistakes).

-1. I don't see the point of this PEP. Apparently, you want to define
parametrized types - but for what purpose? I.e. what are the specific
use cases for the proposed syntax, and why do you need to change the
language to support these use cases? I very much doubt that there are
no acceptable alternatives for each case.

IOW, whatever it is that you could do with this PEP, it seems you could
do this today easily.

Regards,
Martin