overload builtin operator

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Mon Aug 29 20:40:23 EDT 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:27:07 -0400, "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

>I suspect that PyPy, when further alone, will make it easier to do things
>like develop a customized interpreter that has alternate definitions for
>builtin operators.  So maybe the OP should ask again in a year or two.

OTOH, did you notice that I provided (although I didn't post the underlying
walker framework) a way (that works now) of importing a module with
the / operator effectively converted to a safediv call, as the OP apparently wanted?
;-)
BTW, I posted an update that handles non-simple-name-target /= augassigns as well,
but though it shows on google groups, I can't see it yet. Still some news server
problem, apparently. Or maybe it's just slogging to catch up after previous problem...

Regards,
Bengt Richter